I got chance to salvage my old fauhalber 1717t motor from my mouse last year so I don’t need to purchase new one. All the holes for shaft and mounting are 2mm diameter and fit well with M2 screws.
However, the shape I designed to perfectly fit motor is a little smaller than it supposed to be. I cut off a 17mm diameter circle on one side of motor mount so the 17mm diameter motor can perfectly fit into that concave. But I put too much expectation on high precision 3D printing and the concave was a little smaller than 17mm.
In order to make the motor closely attach to the mount, I had to use dremel to slightly expand the concave. Though it was ugly after polishing but it was actually hiding inside when the motor was mounted.
Here is the comparison between expanded and unexpanded motor mount
I can finally mount my motor onto the mount. the hole I reserved for 4 M1.6 screw fit tightly there, so for the M0.5 12T gear.
Rear View of the mount.
What I am still unsatisfied so far is the washers I used to support between screws and ball bearings were bigger as I wanted. the outer diameter is 3.7MM for a M2 washer is kinda unacceptable for me, I am still looking for suitable material for smaller M2 washer.
I am still waiting for rest of the parts, once the DS 0.5-40 gear got delivered, I will try to put them on to see if all gears fit each other(I will likely fit each other well but I still want to know the results).